What legal advice can we help with?

Action required before issuing legal proceedings

Before taking any court action to recover any debt a demand must be made for the outstanding amount to be paid and a reasonable time given for the monies to be paid, more commonly known as a letter before claim or action.  You must put the debtor on notice that failing payment you will take legal action against them.  Failure to put the debtor on notice may mean that should you be successful in your court claim you will be penalised by not recovering all your costs.

Need help? Ask a question.

Simply fill in the form below with your details and enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Contact Details

Bournemouth Office
Kingsway House
13 Christchurch Road
DX 7641 Bournemouth
Phone:01202 294411
Fax:01202 295944

Our friendly team are here to help

Augustine Cook

Partner & Head of Dispute Resolution

Jayne Ciesla


Lesley Curtis

Legal Assistant

Registered Office: 13 Christchurch Road Bournemouth BH1 3JY. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Aldridge Brownlee Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England number OC334502