What legal advice can we help with?

Financial Matters

We can assist you on how the family assets should be divided and the factors the Court will take into consideration. We can also discuss the various options to assist you in this process and help you to decide which will be most helpful to you.

We can advise you on all financial aspects arising from your divorce, dissolution or separation.  It is important that you seek advice to clarify what you may be entitled to receive and to consider the options available to resolve financial matters.  We will consider with you whether mediation or the collaborative process may be suitable in your case.  If neither of these processes are appropriate, matters can sometimes be resolved by negotiation through solicitors or ultimately by the issue of Court proceedings.

We will discuss with you what your rights are so far as any property you may own is concerned and whether the property may need to be sold or retained by one or other party. 

If you have any pensions, we will explain the options to you so far as dealing with pensions on divorce are concerned.  The Partner in charge of the Family Department, Lynne Barton is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in both Pensions and Advanced Financial Provision. 

If you require any further information please telephone to arrange either a free half hour initial interview, or for a fixed fee interview, details of which can be provided on request.

Need help? Ask a question.

Simply fill in the form below with your details and enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Contact Details

Bournemouth Office
Kingsway House
13 Christchurch Road
DX 7641 Bournemouth
Phone:01202 294411
Fax:01202 295944

Our friendly team are here to help

Lynne Barton

Partner & Head of Family & Children Law

Nicola Bennetts


Jane Pilcher

Legal Assistant

Registered Office: 13 Christchurch Road Bournemouth BH1 3JY. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Aldridge Brownlee Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England number OC334502